Kawasan Falls Canyoneering is a very famous activity for both local and foreign travelers. The whole activity will take around 3 hours but can take 4 hours for a bigger group. You can choose between downstream canyoneering which is from Kanlaob River in Algeria to Kawasan Falls or upstream canyoneering, Kawasan Falls to Kanlaob River. If you are a beginner, I suggest downstream first since upstream is pretty difficult. In downstream, you'll be jumping, swimming and walking while in upstream, replace that jump with a climb.
Tips and Guide for Kawasan falls canyoneering adventure:
- You should start early since the canyoneering activity will take 3-5 hours to finish the. The last possible time to start is around 2 or 3 pm so that you can finish Canyoning before sun down.
- Wear comfy sports shoes since there will be lots of slippery rocks on the trail and it won’t be an easy one.
- Your guide will take a dry bag that you can pop essentials in, but otherwise you are welcome to bring your own. Don’t be shy to ask for your guide to hold your things.
- Take a GoPro with you or you can rent one, just ask where you can possibly rent a GoPro. A lot of epic and stunning views that is worth taking pics for in the area. I bet you wouldn’t want to miss every single shot of the beautiful place you will be passing.
- Have an extra battery with you on your dry bags, since it will be a long trail so you need extra batteries to keep on going. Your guide can hold it for you too!
- When you reach Kawasan Falls, you can eat foods there since there’s a lot of foods stalls in the area. You can chill and relax there after a long trekking, climbing and jumping.
- You can also rent a bamboo raft that can take you around the turquoise pool and even bathe under the waterfall. It will be so relaxing!
Things to Remember
- DON’T just jump anywhere you feel, wait for your guide to tell you when to jump and when not to.
- DON’T throw your trash anywhere, please! Just put it in your pocket, and throw it afterwards when you see a trash bin. A little act like this will absolutely help the community keep the area clean.
- DON’T bring unnecessary gadgets and also cards such as ATMs, credit and debit cards. You won’t get to use it in the area anyways.
Have fun and enjoy your Kawasan falls canyoneering activity, make sure to follow your tour guide at all times and always pay attention to whatever your guide tells you. Also, please don’t throw your trashes anywhere. You can just put it inside your pocket or bag and just throw it once you saw a trash bin in the surroundings.